Friday, September 30, 2011

Remembering Your Life Story...


Have you ever been driving, get to your destination and not remember how you got there? Recently I had a day of doing what I like to call the “mommy shuffle”. It felt like I spent most of the day driving back and forth taking my boys to school, to practice, you name it; all the while,  having little to no memory of my time in the car.
Each of our lives is a journey, each turn, stop or u-turn has a purpose. Most of us can recall major steps in our life our first boyfriend, our wedding day and/or the births of our children. But, have you considered the steps in your spiritual journey?  What about the pivotal steps that turned us from who we were to who we are?
One of my earliest memories was of my 1st grade Sunday school teachers. They were an older couple that taught every Sunday their dedication to serving was a great example for each of us. To this day I carry their life lesson with me. From the time I was in their class to the present day I have had countless moments that were divine appointments from God - times when the Lord just whispers something in my ear or gives someone a word for me or even puts people in my track that I would least expect.  Not long ago, I sat down with my journal recalling each of the moments that have completely made me fall in love with my creator even more, the moments that have gotten me where I am today.
As a young adult I so badly longed for significance a need for unconditional love. In those dark moments of feeling utter rejection, my heart was opened to a love that is far greater than anything on earth. For the first time I was exposed to an acceptance like nothing I had ever experienced before.
Remembering this particular time in my life floods my heart with a gratitude that cannot be summed in words. My love for Jesus is renewed and my desire to serve Him is exhilarated to new levels.   
So I encourage you in the coming days to sit down with your Father and reminisce the situations, people, places, stories in your life that have been written as your life story. And if you haven’t started this journey with Jesus but you know somewhere deep inside of you, you are tired of living this life not remembering how you got from one place to the next? I encourage you to pray a small prayer accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and savior.

I am not sure where you are on your journey but it never hurts to remind yourself how you got there. 

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
Ashley McDougal
Ashley is the Children's pastor for 3N1 Church in Virginia. Her passion is to see the Church being Christ's Church consistently no matter where they are and of course Children!! For more info on 3N1 you can check out their website at http://3n1church.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment