Sunday, September 4, 2011

Not Feeling Needed Today...

We live our life with an enormous amount of demands pulling us in a thousand different directions. We have our families and all they entail, our work, our church, our friends, our community involvements and the list goes on. It is exhausting just trying to list all the different demands we have and we tack on even more with the technology devices we “have” to have to keep up with everything and everyone! If you Facebook or tweet or if you’re Linked In, that is a whole other amount of demands! It seems like we can never escape from our demands. I think this is why we desire vacations so much and yet the majority of us can’t get away from our demands long enough to take one!

I always have the tendency to get involved with a lot of things, usually at one time. Here recently, I’ve had a lot going on with my daughter’s softball, the ministries I’m involved in, handling family demands, work and a few other things. I feel like I’m being pulled in several different ways at one time! If you have kids, it is similar to the infamous, “Mom, Mommy, Momma, Mom, Mommy, MOM!” Sometimes you just don’t want to feel needed.

Recently, I heard a song that I’ve listened to hundreds of times and I don’t think I’ve ever heard these lines, “How refreshing to know You don't need me, How amazing to find that you want me.”(Casting Crowns “In Me”). But they totally resonated with me!

It reminded me of John 3:16,17. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the World, but to save the world through him.”

So often we forget that God doesn’t need us. He wants us. He wants us so much that He created us and when we screwed up the perfect set-up in the Garden, He made a way for us no matter what our time is in history! He sent His son to die on the cross for us. I heard a preacher say one time that even if there was only one person in the world, God would have still sent His son to die on that cross for the one person!

We still get caught up in thinking that God needs us to do this or that. We put Him into the group that has demands on us, but He has none. Simply believe in Him. How refreshing indeed, to know He doesn’t need us! Amazing, that He wants us, no matter what we’ve said or done, He loves us…

Crystal Owens
Crystal is a speaker for the Fabulous You Conference. She’s married with 2 girls. Crystal is currently teaching a weekly adult Bible study and a monthly Bible study for Women. She has a passion for reaching youth and a heart for missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment