Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Friend That Sticks Closer...

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

I have never been much of an animal person, unless they are in a zoo. But what I have noticed among avid dog lovers is this, there is a constant tag-a-long in a dog. Whether a dog has a great owner or one who is not so great, the dog is a constant companion, similar to our God.
Recently, I have been put into a situation at work that truthfully had me quite fearful. It has left me blindsided. I willingly admit that I have had a rough couple of weeks. What could go wrong has? I have been frustrated, overwhelmed, fearful, confused, ineffective, and at times angry. We all have days where we feel a bit defeated and then sometimes it seems like the days turn into weeks, months, or even years. Nothing lines up and we are quick to throw in the towel. It is easy to forget that we have a help that will never leave, someone who will take every hit, sting, word, or deed on our behalf.

After Moses died, the Lord installed a leader, Joshua. Joshua was to lead the people across the river Jordan. The Lord says several times throughout the first ten verses, “Be strong and courageous.” My favorite part is Joshua 1:9, the scriptures says, “do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” What a moment of victory for the team of God. No matter, where you go, I am with you.

Not only have I needed this scripture this week, I have needed it throughout my Christian walk. You do too. The world will always present us with situations that may shake our very core or God may call us to do something that we do not feel is within our scope of expertise. But guess what....whatever it is, God is with us....wherever we may go.


Kasey Scott
Kasey is currently a high school English teacher, whose students are young ladies who are substance dependent and incarcerated. Kasey has a passion to reach into the lives of girls in desperate situations and show them the Hope that is available in Jesus Christ. She also is the VP and Director of Curriculum Design for Edvance Services, an educational services company she co-founded with her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment