Thursday, September 8, 2011

Impossible Situations & Inconceivable Solutions

When we decided to move back to the area I prayed for three things; jobs for my husband and I, housing and health insurance. I sent out resume after resume. Finally, I got a call and a telephone interview from a company in Chesapeake Va. The job seemed to be perfect for my skills.  I became very encouraged when I was called for a second phone interview. I knew this was the job I had prayed for but I got the dreaded “thank you for applying, the job has been filled” email.  I just didn’t understand; it seemed perfect to me. But little did I know God had a better solution than I could ever imagine. I found a listing on Craigslist looking for a couple to manage a Self Storage facility in Yorktown VA. I emailed our resumes and that same day interviewed over the phone; within two weeks we were offered the position.  It never occurred to me that my three prayer requests would or could be answered in one job! My Husband and I now work together; housing is provided, with all utilities paid and paid health insurance.  Daily I give thanks for the better plan God prepared for us.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV
I am amazed at how God solves problems and situations. Take a look at the Israelites wandering for 40 years in the desert. They were fed manna from heaven and their clothes and sandals didn’t wear out! (Deuteronomy 8:2-4)  My solution would have been to put a mall with a food court right in the middle of the desert! Jonah was saved from drowning by a big fish swallowing him up and spitting him out on shore. (Jonah 1:17; 2:10)  I would have just had another boat come along to rescue him. What about God using a donkey to talk to Balaam?  (Numbers 22:28) Definitely would have chosen a different way to speak to Balaam!

There are many of you right now who are fretting over how to solve a problem or situation in your life. You go over it in your mind trying to solve the problem and it keeps you up at night. I encourage you to pray about the situation, give thanks for the solution, and wait on the Lord. Allow God to speak a solution into your situation. His solution may not be how you would solve the situation or problem, but understand His solution is far superior to anything you can conceive. God has not changed; He will meet your needs. Trust Him because He loves you and He already has the solution worked out before you were even aware of a problem that needed solving.

Michelle Odom 
Michelle is an Ordained Minister through United Christian Fellowship and co-founder with her husband, John, of MJ Ministries, a “Practical Evangelism” ministry expressing the Gospel through action. MJ Ministries is dedicated to revealing God’s love through the practice of hospitality using our God given gifts, talents and resources. We are challenged to Engage others in the pursuit of Jesus, Encourage others to realize their potential in Jesus, and Empower others to have influence for JesusMission PossibleJesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God” Mark 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment