Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Constant

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”
Hebrews 13:8

You know there’s nothing like being reminded by your spouse, right before you step out the door to go to work, that you forgot to write a devotional for that day. Oh the feelings of “I dropped the ball” and “how in the world did I manage to forget that” first thing in the morning feels so great! Not really. Well this is exactly what happened to me this very morning. Somehow in the hustle, bustle, and sleepiness of last night I managed to forget about writing this devotional. So for the sake of time, today’s devotional will be short and to the point.

After leaving the house and jumping in my truck, I start towards work. Now not only am I thinking about what’s planned for me today at work, but I’m also trying to be sensitive to the Spirit of God to see what’s on His mind.  Thankfully God is always a constant (faithful) and the Spirit starts to remind me of this attribute. My mind is then reminded of Hebrews 13:8, as well as, given examples of successful believers in the faith that has this character trait.

So there it is, being a constant. As I started to reflect upon my life I could see areas where I could have been more successful if only I had stayed consistant. I looked at the natural and considered people and things that are successful because of their consistency. Going forward I’m making a commitment to be more of a constant. My word for today is consistency. Besides if I desire to be like my Lord, He was the same yesterday, is the same today, and will be the same tomorrow. I have to be a constant.

Adraine Scott
Adraine is the president of Edvance Services LLC. His entire professional career has been spent helping others find their unique ways of learning and being. He has been able to accomplish this by serving as a youth minister, speaker, counselor, college and career minister, secondary education teacher, and business owner

No comments:

Post a Comment