Sunday, August 7, 2011

What's on your wish list?

The greatest time of year when I was a child was Christmas. I couldn't wait for the stores to release their Christmas catalogs. One catalog was bigger and better than all the others, the Best catalog, and it was the best! I would sit for hours and hours going from cover to cover of the catalog hundreds of times. I would dog-ear the pages that had items I liked and I would compile a list, my wish list. The list was full of gifts for other people, things I would like for myself, not just as a kid, but for every stage of my life. Furniture, houseware items, decorations, clothes, jewelry and of course toys. The cost didn't matter, the fact that I wouldn't get 99.9% of the items on the list didn't matter. I loved dreaming, and I dreamed big!

Today, I still make my list. My list isn't the same anymore. I have names on my list, names of people that aren't serving the Lord. I have mission trips to plan and see through on my list, to take the Gospel throughout the world! I have dreams and plans that God  has given me on my list, that under normal circumstances are impossible. There are needs on my list, where there is no hope other than a miracle. But I serve a God who is more than able to see all these things come to pass!

The prayer in Ephesians is one of my favorite scriptures in the Bible. Paul is writing to the church telling them to approach God in faith and confidence and we are to do the same! One of the rewards of being a disciple of Christ is that we no longer live in our mindset, but we take on the mindset of Christ! So throw out your doubt and unbelief, throw out your timidity when approaching the throne, and be bold and approach Him in confidence and believe that He is going to meet that need, He is going to provide that miracle, He is going to see you through that impossible situation! And when He does, you honor Him with the Praise He is due!

Write your Impossible wish list today and take it to the one who can check those items off!

"I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory. For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:13-21 (NIV)


Crystal Owens
Crystal is a speaker for the Fabulous You Conference. She’s married with 2 girls. Crystal is currently teaching a weekly adult Bible study and a monthly Bible study for Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment