Sunday, October 30, 2011

Restoration

Recently I had a conversation with a friend who asked how I was doing. My response was, “Good…we have a really good life…” I explained to her it was only a year ago when I was so stressed that I truly thought I was having a mental breakdown.  I told her I am fully persuaded the mental health healing I have received is a miracle from God.  “The LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.” (Psalm 41:3) She responded, “God restores”.

People spend many hours and large amounts of money to restore an automobile back to the “authentic” condition.  That is exactly what God does through Jesus with us. Before the Fall, Adam and Eve were in their “authentic condition”, walking in fellowship with God. But the “authentic condition” became tarnished due to sin.  God had a plan from the beginning to restore all of us back to this original condition. The great restorer is Jesus Christ.  
Allow God to restore you to your “authentic condition”.  Return to God and He promises He will restore you. “If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored…” (Job 22:23) Through the blood of Christ we are restored to the “authentic condition” of fellowship with God. I stand in awe when I think I am able to fellowship with the God of the universe. We no longer are separated from God.  

Do you need restoring in any area of your life? God has promised to restore everything, your relationship with Him, your health, your relationships, your employment, your finances and anything else that needs restoring in your life.
Take time with God and mediate on the following restoration verses.

 “Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets.” Acts 3:21
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit” Psalm 51:12

“Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.” Psalm 71:20
“Lord, by such things people live; and my spirit finds life in them too. You restored me to health
   and let me live.”
Isaiah 38:16
“You, LORD, showed favor to your land; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.” Psalm 85:1
“if you are pure and upright, even now he will rouse himself on your behalf and restore you to your prosperous state.” Job 8:6
“After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.” Job 42:10

Michelle Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment