Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Am Who I Am...

Do you ever feel insecure or inadequate? Well, if you are like most people you will answer “yes”.  Insecurity may come from comparing yourself to other people. You are unique and created by God for a specific purpose.  You were on God’s mind even before you were born! He designed you and allowed certain experiences in your life to shape the person you are now and who you are becoming.  You are fabulously made by God, embrace that person!

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalms 13:13-16 NIV
Also, insecurity is produced by putting your trust in something that you believe can be taken away from you. This may be your job, your bank account, your health or relationships.  When we put our trust in something that can be taken away from us, it creates insecurity that manifests in the form of anxiety, fear, worry, restlessness and even depression.  But security produces a sound mind, rest, peace, joy, assurance, confidence and love.
So then, what do we trust that cannot be taken away from us?  The love of Jesus! We will find security in Jesus when we trust in His love for us. Even if we lose everything, we can be assured the love of Jesus cannot be taken from us.  Jesus is our Rock and our stability. (See 1 Corinthians 10:4, Psalms 94:22)
“For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities, nor things impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39

We can live a life of security and assurance when we trust in Jesus and grow in the knowledge of who we are in Christ.

God loves you and has chosen you 1 Thessalonians 1:4; Ephesians 1:4
You are a child of God John 1:12
You are a new creature in Christ 2 Corinthians 5:17
Your are set free Galatians 5:1
You are blessed with every Spiritual blessing Ephesians 1:3
You are God’s workmanship created to produce good works Ephesians 2:10
You are redeemed and forgiven Ephesians 1:7
You are complete in Christ Colossians 2:10
Michelle Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment